Mansfield Park by Jane Austen

The House of Illustration in collaboration with The Folio Society have an annual book illustration competition. The book we were invited to make sample illustrations for this year was Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. The entry requirement was for three illustrations and a cover design for a future Folio Society book. 

This was my entry:



All Fanny yearned for was her home.


 I began with a very "straight' approach, but halfway through I didn't feel happy with what I'd done, so I began a process of deconstructing, which gave me far more interesting results! 



 Fanny was sad as she watched Miss Crawford flirt with Edmund.



All of the images I've made comprise of paper and fabric collage. 

 
For the first time Fanny felt herself an equal to her cousins.  



Lastly, we had to show a design for a cover, the type and format of which were already designed. 




All copyright, Rebecca Sutherland 

No comments:

Post a Comment