Squirrel Christmas Card

I was thinking about making this card for a while. It was only when I sat down to actually work out the idea in paper that it appeared as a bushy-tailed squirrel holding a nut. 


Squirrel - Christmas 2016


Getting it to look right was tricky because of the angles of the folds and the different colour of the tail.  I ended up making around 18 trial versions until I was happy with this one.

When the construction was right I ordered the paper I needed, along with square envelopes of the correct size. I then cut the shape out, scored, folded and used a ticket punch to make the eye.


Working it out

Making the cards
                                                                                 
Shelf inhabitant
Here is a link to some of my previous papercut Christmas cards.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment